Do you feel like your forehead is taking up too much space on your face?
A large forehead can make us feel self-conscious and attract unwanted attention. But before you rush to schedule expensive and risky cosmetic surgery, consider natural ways how to make your forehead smaller.
We’ll explore some simple, effective methods to help you achieve a more proportionate and confident look without going under the knife.
Can you reduce forehead size naturally?
Genetics plays a large role in determining your forehead size. Some people have a prominent forehead, while others have a rounded or receding hairline. Genetics can’t be changed, but you can enhance your natural features by working with what you have.
Good news: a high forehead is not a flaw or a deformity; it’s just a variation of human anatomy. Many celebrities and models have high foreheads and still look amazing. So, don’t feel like you have to hide your forehead or be ashamed of it.
However, if you still want to reduce your forehead size, some natural methods may help. Keep in mind that these methods aren’t science-based or guaranteed to work. Also, don’t expect miracles overnight, they may take time and patience.
Here are some options you can try:
1. Shape your brows
You can actually minimize your forehead’s appearance with shaped eyebrows. Arched shapes emphasize your eyebrows and reduce forehead space. Here’s how to get symmetrical, elevated eyebrows:
- Look in the mirror and figure out where your brow arch starts. If you prefer a more balanced look, you can shave off the tips of your eyebrows and redraw them for a symmetrical appearance.
- Apply an eyebrow primer to ensure your color lasts longer without damaging your natural brows.
- Use an eyebrow brush to groom the hair upwards from the roots and then downwards towards the ends to sharpen the curves.
- Outline your eyebrows with a pencil and fill them with your preferred shade. Use a concealer in your natural skin tone for the hair beneath the arches and blend gently for a natural look.
With a captivating brow, you can naturally draw attention away from your forehead and achieve a smaller one.
2. Highlight your hair
You can divert focus from your forehead and onto your stunning hair by making your locks appear vibrant. But don’t just dye your hair any old shade – make sure it complements your skin tone and wardrobe perfectly. Or, if you’re feeling bold, go for a vibrant color that will truly stand out.
Psychologically, this technique works like a charm. When people find something attractive, their attention lingers longer. With subtle highlights or a full-blown hair color transformation, you can divert attention from your forehead to your gorgeous hair. If that’s not enough, try adding trendy accessories or dyeing your hair to spice things up.
3. Use Contour
When chiseling out your best features, contouring is your best weapon. With just a few makeup products, it’s easy to highlight your cheekbones and jawline, and guess what? You can even make your forehead appear smaller!
To start, pick out a darker shade of contour that matches your skin tone.
Using a brush, apply the product carefully along the roots of your hair, following the edge where your hair meets your forehead. Blend, blend, blend until the contour blends seamlessly with your natural skin color.
The result? A perfectly shaded forehead that will draw attention away from your facial features and make your forehead look smaller.
4. Eye Makeup
Your eyes are the gateway to your soul but can also be the key to taking the focus off your forehead.
- Create a bold eye look: The more dramatic your eyes look, the more people will not be able to notice your broad forehead size. Try a smoky eye or a bold winged liner to create a focal point on your face.
- Use highlighter: To create this subtle illusion, apply a shimmery shadow or highlighter to the arch of your brow. Watch as it lifts the eye area and seamlessly shrinks your forehead.
- Contour your eye socket: Using a darker shade of eyeshadow in your eye socket can help create depth. Use a fluffy blending brush to blend the shadow outwards towards your temples.
5. Cover up with a Bindi
Don’t let its small size fool you – this cute accessory packs a punch when it comes to reducing the appearance of your forehead. But don’t settle for a teeny-tiny bindi. Choose a big-sized one. By adorning the center of your forehead, your bindi will create an illusion that your forehead is a tad smaller – all without any harsh makeup or invasive surgery.
6. Do the Knuckles Technique
This DIY exercise is a game-changer for those seeking a more petite forehead. Compressing your head from both sides stimulates blood flow and reduces the appearance of an overly broad forehead over time.
To begin, clench your hands into tight fists and position them at your temples. Gently press your knuckles against your skin and massage in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes. Repeat this method up to 10 times a day, depending on your preference.
Be gentle and careful, avoiding any unnecessary pressure that might cause pain.
- Chinups: This killer exercise will tone your upper back muscles, giving them the strength to sculpt your face. And as it flexes your forehead muscles too.
- Pushups: Slim your face and build your jaw muscles to look more defined and proportionate.
- Squats: Tone your whole body, but they’ll also shape your forehead for a more balanced look.
8. Combine eyes and lips
We’ve talked about emphasizing the eyes and how eye makeup can make a huge difference. If you combine it with the lips, too, then it’s twice as effective at concealing forehead imperfections.
Besides dramatic eyes, accent your lips with the right colors. Keep your makeup light but put extra effort into highlighting your lips and eyes. It’s all about making your other facial features look gorgeous and irresistible.
Contouring also makes your cheeks look thinner, so your features in the middle will pop out more than your face outline.
9. Try different hairstyles
Achieving a smaller forehead naturally can be done in various ways, including trying different hairstyles. Here are a few options to consider:
- Bangs: Covering your forehead with bangs can help shift the focus to your eyes and cheeks instead. Opt for full or side-swept bangs for more coverage.
- Long side bangs: If you prefer longer hairstyles, longer side bangs can effectively conceal your forehead. Looks good and works well.
- Fringes: For an easy-to-manage hairstyle, go for fringes or a bob cut with longer sides. Adding some dimension to your hair will detract attention from your forehead.
- Voluminous hair: The thicker your hair appears to be, the smaller your forehead will look. Curl your hair or add some texture with a fuzzy look. Bring your fringe forward to add some flare.
- Cover up with a headband: A wide headband can be stylish and practical. Braid your hair into multiple braids and tuck them under the headband for a bohemian look.
Bonus tip: Accessorize with a cute headband or hair clip to draw attention away from your forehead and polish off your look.
If you’re patient and creative, you can achieve a smaller forehead naturally with a hairstyle you love.
10. Opt for a Deep Foundation
A darker foundation shade applied to the forehead, temples, and hairline can create the illusion of a smaller forehead. Make sure your concealer or foundation is four shades darker than your natural skin tone and blend it seamlessly. To divert attention from your brow, experiment with a striking blush color and consider using shimmering cheek products. The luminous effect on your cheekbones will draw attention to the center of your face.
11. Make Use of Dark Bronzer
If you aren’t fond of darker foundations, we recommend a bronzer. To achieve this effect, choose a bronzer that is three shades darker than your skin tone.
Apply the bronzer along the edge of your forehead where the scalp meets your forehead and blend it neatly. Similar to how contouring works, you can create the illusion of a smaller forehead without permanently altering it.
Embrace your prominent forehead, it’s officially a hot trend among celebrities! So, no need to stress about it. Sure, you can cheat it with surgery, but if you want something without the knife, use these practical ways to shrink your forehead naturally. And if you’ve got any genius tips, we’d love to hear them!