Maybelline touts about its wide array of mascaras it has to offer that are made with superior quality wax, chemicals, and vitamin e, which makes its products totally safe for the eye. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara is one of their new launches, so I decided to add it to my collection of Maybelline goodies and share my review with you.
It promises to deliver dramatic volume with a 45-degree lift with its cup-shaped bristles that scoops, coats, and lifts lashes, making them look healthier.
Maybelline LLC, branded as Maybelline New York, is a major American makeup brand sold worldwide and is a subsidiary of French cosmetics company “L’Oréal.” The company has a tagline that says, “make it happen.” Its mission is to make men and women accentuate their features to make them look and feel good about themselves.
How to Use?
- Use the wand right from the roots to the tip of the lashes. Wiggle the wand during the process. However, make sure you wiggle it only during the first coat, lest it may make the lashes clumpy.
- After applying the first coat, wait for a minute or two to dry it out. Then go for the second coat.
- Again wait for a minute or two and go for the final coat (3 coats are enough, but you can totally go for more if you wish to). During the third round, just glide it once from bottom to top without wiggling at all.
- Applying shimmery or matte eye-shadow on the lids before applying the mascara is desirable and will make the eyes more intriguing.
- Make sure not to overdo it in the lower lashes. Lower lashes tend to be finer and more sensitive. You may use a tissue or paper underneath the lower lashes and then apply the mascara on it. It will avoid getting any extra product on the skin.
CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77266 / Black 2, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide.
Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara Review
The mascara comes in a beautifully designed metallic-body. It has a distinct, metallic, and colorful body, giving it that ‘classy’ effect. The tube is characterized by multiple colors and graceful letters in ‘rose gold.’ On the top, it has a screw cap, which is in a ‘bold red.’ In the middle, it is black in color, which has rose gold letters beautifully printed on it. Its end part is in metallic pink. In total, it looks ravishing.
The formulation of the product is highly pigmented, and the consistency is neither too runny nor too thick. It has the ‘jet black’ color that can beautify any eye. This shade of the mascara is called “Very Black,” and it is indeed an extremely black mascara. The pigmentation of the mascara is intense. It gives that perfect jet black color.
I love the fact that this mascara does not contain any fibers. The ones that come with fibers tend to irritate the eye and make it look more clumpy and uneven. This one does not irritate the eye; in fact, it is completely safe for sensitive eyes and women who wear lenses. It also does not make the eye-ashes stiff and crusty. It gives a very natural look to the eye-lashes and functions a bit like Maybelline’s Hyper Curl Mascara. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara dramatically pushes up eyelashes and gives that curling effect without using an eyelash curler. It even works well for women with straight eyelashes.
It lasts for a good 6—8 hours. Although It may vary on the environment and humidity of the country. Since it is a waterproof mascara, the variant does not smudge or bleed too much, even during rains.
Wand and Usage
It touts about it’s unique (first of it’s kind) wand, that has cup-like bristles, that pushes up the lashes and adds incredible volume and length. It may not give that “curling” effect, but it adds volume to the lashes, which make them appear more healthy and appealing. The brushes comb the lashes and group them.
The product immensely accentuates the eye after using it aptly. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara makes the lashes appear fuller, thicker and healthier. It groups them into different segments and brushes them upwards.
This mascara is great for women with sparse and fine lashes who desire thicker, fuller, and voluminous lashes. It is one of a kind everyday mascara. It gives that ‘dramatic effect’ to the eyes, that can be worn at any time during the day. This mascara is ideal for:
- Work looks (with matte eyes-shadow)
- Romantic dates (with a tinge of shimmery and rose gold eye-shadow)
- Night outs (with a very light and shimmery eye-shadow, paired with red lips.)
- Adds volume, thickness, and length to the lashes.
- Gives that dramatic ‘lift’ to the lashes.
- Ideal for sensitive eyes and for women who wear lenses.
- Does not bleed on coming in contact with water.
- It gives a unique and dramatic effect that is ideal for all occasions.
- The consistency is not too runny or thick.
- It is highly pigmented.
- It may smudge and give panda eyes on sweating too much.
- Difficult to remove.
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara
I am a sucker for mascaras and have used multiple types of mascaras from multiple brands. The reason as to why this variant stands out to me is due to the fact that it gives a very unique look to the lashes. (It groups the lashes and gives them a ‘dramatic push’).Additionally, it does not smudge or bleed much and is perfect for every occasion. It is also very affordable with a decent price range.