Makeup Revolution’s Soph X range is a collaboration with Sophdoesnails, a British YouTube star. The range features 3 lipsticks, 2 eyeshadow palettes and a highlighter palette. I’d had my eyes on the Makeup Revolution Soph X Eyeshadow Palette as soon as this range dropped in the Indian market.
The eyeshadow palette retails for just £10 (Rs. 915) in the UK but costs Rs. 1950 in India (more than double!). I was a little skeptical because the Makeup Revolution is as drugstore as it gets and not all of their products are very popular. However, I took the plunge because I needed just one affordable eyeshadow palette to create multiple unique looks, and the Soph X palette seemed to satisfy all my needs.
I picked this baby up during an online sale and have been using it for about 4 months now. So, today, I’ve brought a tried and tested review of the Makeup Revolution Soph X Eyeshadow palette with swatches of all the shades.
About the Product
Makeup Revolution Soph Eyeshadow Palette is a perfect mix of 14 mattes and 10 shimmer eyeshadows shades that create everything from a natural daytime look all the way up to full glam drama. The 24 versatile shades give you everything you need to create your look no matter what time of the year, whether you’re looking for light shimmers, warm browns, rich golds, rusty oranges, dark smokey shades, or even a pop of color – this palette is for you.
Readers like you help keep The Beautyholic running. When you buy through links on our blog, as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Key Claims and Benefits:
- The versatile palette of matte and shimmer shades
- Highly pigmented and smooth texture
- Easily blendable shades
- Suitable for all skin types
- Vegan, gluten-free, cruelty-free
Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Mineral Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Silica, Polybutene, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. [May Contain +/-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Carmine (Ci 75470), Red 40 (Ci 16035)]
How to Use?
- Prime your eyelids with concealer or eyeshadow primer
- Set the eyelids using your favorite setting powder/compact powder or with the lightest shade in the palette
- Apply the matte and shimmer shades as per your liking
- Blend well with a blending brush to get the desired look
- Pro tip: Spray setting spray on the brush after picking up the shimmer shades, or apply them using your fingers to get maximum pigmentation
My Experience with Makeup Revolution Soph X Eyeshadow Palette
The packaging of this palette is very minimal and extremely pretty. It comes in a cardboard box with gold detailing. The palette is a matte peach color and has gold lettering. It is lightweight, sleek, and therefore easy to carry and is also equipped with a large mirror of decent quality. However, it does not come with a brush. All the details are mentioned at the back of the cardboard box and the palette.
The Makeup Revolution Soph X Eyeshadow Palette features 10 shimmer and 14 matte eyeshadows. Each shade has a unique name, which I found quite cute. The shade names are mentioned on a plastic film, but I would have liked them to be written on the palette itself. The color selection is a delight. There are loads of neutrals for everyday looks and some bright colors for days when you’re feeling dressy.
In my opinion, the palette is very well balanced in terms of the shade range because you can create endless looks with it, no matter what your mood is. It has minimal fallout, and the shades blend well together. The eyeshadows last on my oily lids for hours without moving.
Here are swatches of all the shades along with their descriptions:
- Penguin: Matte white. It’s the only chalky shade in the palette.
- Pancakes: Matte light nude. Perfect to set the base.
- Fairy Lights: White gold shimmer. Great for highlighting the inner corners.
- Pink Champagne: Baby pink shimmer. This color is very 90’s.
- Iced Coffee: Matte light nude. A great transition color for fair skin tones.
- Cuppa Tea: Matte warm light brown. Another good transition color.
- Grow Old: Bronze shimmer with gold specks.
- Sparks Fly: True gold shimmer.
- Smokey Bronze: Dark bronze shimmer. Perfect for nighttime looks.
- Mixed Berries: Berry purple shimmer with a pearlescent finish.
- Tiramisu: Matte light brown with peach undertones.
- Peaches: Matte light peach.
- Cloudberry: Matte light orange.
- Pumpkin: Matte red with orange undertones.
- Pine Tree: Olive green with gold shimmer.
- Petrol: Blue/brown shimmer with an iridescent finish.
- Pug: Matte light brown with grey undertones.
- Danger: Matte dark red.
- Strawberry Sweets: Matte Barbie pink.
- Festive Flame: Pink and copper shimmer.
- Copper Coin: True copper shimmer.
- Mug Cake: Matte warm dark brown.
- Rosewood: Matte dark brown with pink undertones.
- Nightmare: Matte black with a very subtle blue undertone.
Except for Penguin, all the shades are very buttery soft and blend easily on the lids. My personal favorite shades are Pink Champagne, Grow Old, Cuppa Tea, Peaches, Cloudberry, Pumpkin, Danger, Strawberry Sweets. The nudes in this palette are very useful on a daily. Some of the shimmers have glitter particles in them and can be used as foiled shadows for a glamourous look. I sometimes like to mix Cloudberry and Pumpkin and apply them on my cheeks as blush. I also use Fairy Lights as a highlighter for my face. This is truly a very versatile palette!
At Rs. 1950, it’s not the cheapest eyeshadow palette. However, the quality and the shade range make it an excellent option if you want just one palette that does it all.
- Excellent shade range
- Great pigmentation
- Pretty packaging
- Minimal fallout
- Large mirror
- Slightly expensive
- ‘Penguin’ is a chalky shade
Makeup Revolution Soph X Eyeshadow Palette
The Makeup Revolution Soph X Palette is an excellent option for beginners or anyone who does not want too many palettes in their vanity. The possibilities for eyeshadow looks are endless, and the quality is really nice. I highly recommend it!