As someone who has only recently cultivated an interest in makeup beyond lipstick, eyeshadow palettes are something I used to avoid. The endless color schemes and application techniques used to feel really intimidating, and the infinite options available in the market added to my confusion. However, last year, I had to do my own makeup for a big event but realized that I had absolutely no eyeshadows! Enter the Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette in Iconic 3. At a 50% off on Myntra, this palette seemed like a total steal. But is it really good? Let’s find out.
About the Product: The ultimate palettes with an ultra high payoff. A perfect mix of pearl, shimmer and matte shades. Totally collectible and a pure sellout. Vegan. Cruelty-free. Gluten-free.
Price of Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette – Iconic 3: INR 1050/- | Buy it on Amazon
Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain (+/-) Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 15850, CI 77510, CI 77742, CI 77007, CI 16035, CI 42090
How to use?
- Prime your eyelids with concealer or eyeshadow primer
- Set the eyelids using your favorite setting powder/compact powder or with the lightest shade in the palette
- Apply the matte, pearl, and shimmer shades as per your liking
- Blend well with a blending brush to get the desired look
- Pro tip: Spray setting spray on the brush after picking up the shimmer shades, or apply them using your fingers to get maximum pigmentation
My Experience with Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette – Iconic 3
The packaging of this palette is extremely basic and minimal. The palette does not come with an outer cardboard packaging and is made up of average quality plastic. The lid of the palette is clear, and the bottom is black, and all the details regarding the ingredients and everything else is listed on the backside. Pretty standard, honestly.
You get a dual-sided sponge tip applicator that is quite useless, to be honest. I would highly recommend using eyeshadow brushes, and your fingers for shimmer shades.
The color selection is what got me to purchase this product. The color scheme is a bang on dupe of the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. It features a mauve-y, pinky, rose gold theme and is overall quite neutral, but the mattes are a bit on the lighter side, so I think that it will suit fair to medium skin tones the best. It contains 3 matte shadows, and the remaining 9 are shimmers, pearls, and metallics.
The shades do not have names, so I’m going to describe each shade using numbers:
- A neutral, extremely pale pink matte shade. It doesn’t really show up on the lid but works well for setting the base.
- A shimmery, girly pink that is loaded with shimmers and is nicely pigmented. Looks good even when worn alone.
- A nude pink pearl shadow which is one of my favorites from the palette. Glides like butter on the lids.
- A soft pink matte. It’s probably the worst shade in the palette because it doesn’t show up unless you really build it up.
- Lovely rose gold with silver shimmers in it. Looks great by itself and blended with other shadows.
- A coppery brown shimmer shade that works well with ethnic looks. Has a bit of fallout but it looks absolutely gorgeous.
- A matte mauve shade that offers decent pigmentation and works well as a transition shade.
- A rosy mauve metallic shadow that looks gorgeous when worn alone. The application is really smooth too.
- A chocolate brown with a pearly finish. One of my favorites.
- A mauve brown shadow shimmer in it. Very pigmented and easy to apply, looks great with party looks.
- A medium mauve with a pearly finish. Easy to blend and versatile.
- A black shade with rose gold shimmers. Extremely pretty for nighttime looks, but needs a little bit of work while blending.
While the color selection in this palette is to die for, I must admit that some of the shimmers have a bit of fallout. The fourth shade is quite disappointing due to the lack of pigmentation. However, overall, this is a really nice palette. It’s very versatile and you can easily create multiple looks with it, from soft and subtle daytime looks to a sultry, sexy nighttime look. I have worn these eyeshadows for 10+ hours, and at the end of the day there is no smudging and my eye makeup is still there.
Some shades do take a little while to blend, but in my opinion, it’s worth it because firstly, it’s an Urban Decay dupe and secondly, no palette in the Indian market currently offers this color scheme at this price point. If you’re still skeptical, however, you can wait for an online sale and grab it at a great deal! This was my first eyeshadow palette, and the limited color options make it very beginner-friendly because too many shades can feel a little intimidating. I really recommend it!
- Great color theme
- Pigmented shades
- Lightweight palette
- Dupe for Urban Decay Naked 3
- Lasts throughout the day
- Available online and offline
- A couple of shades have some fallout
- The mattes are too light for deep skin tones
- Shade 4 is not pigmented
Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette - Iconic 3
Makeup Revolution is well known for budget-friendly makeup, and the Redemption Palette in Iconic 3 holds up to the standards. The color scheme will work across all seasons and the shimmer shades are the cherry on top. There is fallout, but it is nothing that can’t be taken care of and honestly, for the price, you can’t complain. Get it during a sale and trust me, you will absolutely love it.