We, as skincare enthusiasts, have a fix for every beauty problem possible out there. Oily skin? Squeeze some Aloe Vera! Dull skin? let’s use ice cubes! Dry skin? Pour on that honey! Sensitive skin? Let’s not use makeup for a while. We’ve got kick-ass hacks for everything but when it comes to blackheads, do you think is there a permanent solution? Whatever we do, they always manage to come back like those uninvited guests we dislike. Lately, I’ve been researching and exploring some natural ways to deal with pesky blackheads. After talking about what exactly they are, we’ll move on to some delicious homemade face masks for blackheads. The best thing about them – they’ll require ingredients readily available in your kitchen.
So let’s get started!
What are blackheads?
We come across blackheads almost every day on our skin. But do we know what actually are blackheads? Blackheads are very similar to the pimples. But there is no skin to the blackheads. Blackheads are similar to the small bumps which appear on your skin. And because these small bumps are clogged with dead skin cells and sebum, thus they appear black in color. Some of the most common reasons for blackhead are – sun exposure, dirt, lifestyle changes, not removing makeup, damage caused by free radicals, pollution and likewise.
Blackheads, in other words, are also a mild form of acne which can occur at any part of your face or even body. But blackheads are mostly seen on face, neck, chest, back, and hands also. On face, it is mostly seen in and around the nose area.
Following a good and effective Cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine is an integral part of getting rid of blackheads. But what is most important here is that you need something strong and much more long-lasting to completely get rid of blackheads.
And thus here we have listed super effective homemade face masks for blackheads.
Homemade Face Masks for Blackheads
Yes, nutmeg is one of those kitchen spices which is used in luxury dishes. But nutmeg, when used with milk, helps in getting rid of blackhead.
How to use –
- Add a pinch of nutmeg powder into the buttermilk.
- Apply it all over your face or only on the area where you have got blackheads
Nutmeg powder will help to remove the dead skin cells. The scrubby powder will make your skin smooth. The lactic acid content in milk will help to break down the dead skin cells and will also add a glow to your face. This face mask is very good for oily skin type.
Honey is one of the most basic ingredients which we have in our kitchen. But we completely ignore the good points about honey. Honey is extremely beneficial for your skin and can be used in multiple ways.
How to use –
- Take real honey
- Apply it on your blackhead area
- Rub it thoroughly and very hard with your fingers
The important point here is that the honey needs to be organic. It should be very very sticky. And then only you can get maximum benefits out of it. You should be able to scrub the honey very hard from your blackhead area.
Egg White Mask
We all agree this can be the most eww-worthy mask. But anything to get smooth silky skin. Right?
How to use –
- Begin from a clean and dry surface
- Apply egg white on the blackhead area or you can also apply on your entire face. After applying the egg white you will feel that your face has become much more smooth and soft.
- Use your fingers and a little bit of water to cleanse the blackhead area.
Egg white is a sure shot way to make your skin glow. It also makes your face smooth and silky and at the same time removes the blackheads too.
Green Clay Mask
The green clay mask has been used for ages to remove and clear out blackheads. This is perfect to be used both on your face as well as on your body too.
How to use –
- Begin by diluting the green clay with some rose water or some drops of essential oil
- Apply the clay mask on your blackhead area
- Within some minutes, it will completely become stiff. Either you allow to fall down on its own or you can rinse the area with water
Clay masks are one of the most sustainable ways to remove the dirt, oil and excess makeup from your face. But the point to be noted here is that clay masks are drying on your skin as well. Thus, make sure that you don’t overuse them. Also, dry skinned people should stay away from such clay masks.
Activated Charcoal Mask
Activated charcoal is being used in multiple ways for your skin and beauty. This is an excellent ingredient to get rid of oily skin and blackheads.
How to use –
- Mix activated charcoal powder and gelatin in a boiler
- Add distilled water to it
- Apply the paste on the area where you are suffering from blackheads
This activated charcoal peel off mask is extremely good for all skin types. It is also rich in collagen and improves the elasticity of your skin.
Baking soda exfoliates your skin and is known to be very good in removing the blackheads.
How to use –
- Mix baking soda and honey to form a fine paste
- Apply this paste on your face
- Let it dry and then rinse your face with water
Honey and baking soda, when used together, will not only moisturize your face but also add glow and make your skin smooth and blackhead free.
How to Prevent Blackheads
And finally, let’s have a look at how to prevent blackheads through the points given below –
- Don’t wash your face with a harsh cleanser. This will make your skin secrete more oil which will ultimately lead to blackheads.
- Make it a point to wash your face at least twice a day with organic or natural products.
- Wash your pillow cover on a weekly basis. This is the place from where you get a majority of oil and dirt.
- Use natural astringents like witch hazel or apple cider vinegar. They will not only remove the dirt but also moisturize the face.
- Weekly try to indulge in the facial steaming process. This will open up and clear your pores at the same time.
- Use the oil cleansing method to beautify your skin. This is a sure shot way to get better-looking skin.
- Keep blotting your face with tissue paper throughout the day. This will prevent unnecessary oil build up on your face.
- Use peel off masks and clay masks at least once a week.
So, today we covered all about blackheads and some awesome homemade face masks for blackheads that you’ll absolutely love to indulge. Which DIY mask are you gonna try? Share it in the comments.