Have you ever heard about body salts? I guess some of you might not be aware of this beautiful DIY called Lime Green Tea Salt Body Scrub.
Every beauty ritual has some steps to follow, and one of them is exfoliation. I can’t stress enough that it should be a part of every skincare regimen. There are many scrubs and exfoliators available in the market but choosing the right one is essential.
Most people use whatever they like, but we should choose something that is best for our skin type and make sure the scrub non-abrasive and actually do the job instead of an exfoliator filled with cream and synthetics.
Why should you try this DIY Lime Green Tea Salt body scrub recipe?
This DIY Lime Green Tea Salt body scrub is a real miracle. You will be amazed at how effective this body salt is for unclogging pores, promoting healthy, speeding skin cell renewal, balancing the natural oil production and restoration, purifying the pores of toxins and dirt —smoothening skin texture, creating a radiant, fresh look and feel.
There are various types of DIY salts, but this is my favorite one. I have many reasons to believe that this homemade product is worth preparing. I enjoy doing experiments and combining the ancient and classic beauty elements into my recipes. And when I get this one on my favorite list, I can’t even wait to share this with you guys. Here’s my secret body salt recipe, which will bring a beautiful and shiny glow to your body.
- Epsom salt (2 tsp)
- Carrier oil (olive or sweet almond oil)
- Honey (1 tsp)
- Lemon zest (1/2 tbsp)
- Lime juice (1/2 tsp)
- Crushed Green tea (1 tsp)
- Any essential oil (eight drops or according to your choice)
Benefits of the Ingredients
The ingredients used for this recipe are; fine salt or Epsom salt, honey, lemon zest, lime juice, essential oils, crushed green tea leaves.
The salt used to prepare the recipe works as an excellent exfoliating scrub, which will help to scrub out the dead and dry skin.
Carrier oil is used as a base oil in this recipe. It contains soluble vitamins and minerals that work wonders on the skin. Carrier oils such as olive, coconut, or avocado work as a binding agent and help reduce the skin’s dryness.
Honey has natural moisturizing and hydrating properties that will bring softness to the skin.
Lemon zest contains citric acid, which helps cleanse the skin, fights against skin problems, and reduces suntan by naturally brightening up the skin tone.
Similarly, lime juice helps the regrowth of new cells. It’s a great lightening agent for the skin, reduces pimples.
Green tea leaves
Green tea is an anti-inflammatory and is full of antioxidants, which help keep skin youthful—the anti-microbial properties of green tea extract help reduce sebum secretion.
Essential oils like the rosehip seed, lavender, frankincense, tea tree, chamomile, geranium have the natural moisture content, as it’s used in the ancient beauty rituals followed for ages.
Steps to prepare the DIY Lime Green Tea Salt Body Scrub
- Mix Epsom salt and carrier oil together.
- Add some honey to the mixture, then squeeze 1/2 tsp lime juice into it. Put some lemon zest and stir well.
- Finally, add a few drops of essential oil accordingly. You may use vitamin E oil or a capsule too.
- Store the DIY mixture in an airtight container until use.
How to use this body salt?
- Take out a small necessary amount of the salt onto your palm.
- Rub the mixture in a circular motion and then massage gently onto your skin for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply a rich, moisturizing body butter, oil, or cream to replenish the skin’s moisture.
You can use Himalayan salt, dead sea salt, or anything available to you. Use this mixture twice or thrice a month.
You can use this DIY in your aromatherapy rituals as a massager. This body salt adds an instant glow to the skin. This also helps in skin renewal, moisturizes, and left your skin with a smooth texture. This wonderful salt has a refreshing effect and gives a soothing effect immediately to the skin.
Tips to Remember
- Avoid too much salt because it can be harsh on your body and damage your skin’s inner surface.
- Be careful with your eyes and nose because this recipe has lime juice in it.
- Give gentle strokes while applying, or it may damage the uppermost skin.
- Don’t use it too many times. Overdoing this may make your skin dull and boring. Using once a week is enough for the skin.
- Measure the lime juice before adding it, as it can irritate scrubbing.
- Avoid using this scrub on your cuts and burns.
- Use salt scrubs should limit as they can irritate the skin because of sea salt’s stinging properties.
- Excessive use of this body scrub may cause irritations and leave your skin dry.
- Don’t store it for long because the salt can get wet and moist. That’s why keep it close in an airtight container to avoid water contact. Keep it in a dry and clean place.
- Keep away from the sun’s temperature that may change the texture of the mixture.
- Too much of this can make your skin dry and calloused. That’s why balance is essential, so after using a salt scrub, wash it off thoroughly and put on some good organic moisturizer.
Try this organic and easy DIY lime green tea salt body scrub soon, and let the ingredients do wonders on your skin. Keep in mind all the above dos and don’ts before preparing it. Keep the measurements perfect of the ingredients used in it, and say hello to polished skin!