What’s more annoying than pimples? The scars they leave behind. No one wants acne scars because they are so hard to get rid of.
With the dermatologist’s bills piling up and no visible results, you can’t help but get frustrated.
So why not try home remedies to fix your scars? They won’t cause a dent in your pocket, are totally natural and will nourish your skin.
So, here we will you pick the best homemade face mask for acne scars.
Almond Milk & Egg White
Egg whites are perfect for your skin as they contain vitamins and minerals that brighten your skin and even out skin toe. It also has astringent properties which help with oil-control because of these healing properties it helps reduce acne scars.
Almond milk is an excellent natural moisturizer and will leave your skin feeling extremely supple.
All you need for this homemade face mask for acne scars is two teaspoons almond milk, an egg white and a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Add all three ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Apply onto a moist face all over, avoid the areas around your eyes
- Keep the face mask on for fifteen minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
To see the results, use this mask twice a week.
Orange peel is a natural exfoliant, which means you don’t need to use harsh chemicals on your face. It also helps to control the amount of sebum that is secreted your face.
The main benefit of orange peel is that it boosts collagen production, which helps to repair damaged skin. As a result, it renews skin cells, which consequently helps to get rid of acne scars.
For this mask, you will require one tablespoon of dried orange peel powder* and teaspoon milk.
Tip: If you are unable to find orange peel powder, you can simply make it yourself. You will need to save up the peels of the oranges you eat and clean out the white fiber from the peel. Then spread the peels on a tray and keep it to dry. It usually takes about two days to dry completely. Crush your dried peels in a food processor, and your orange peel powder is ready. It can be stored in a glass jar for future use.
- In a bowl mix the orange peel and milk. It will form a thick paste
- Apply this paste on your face and keep it on for ten minutes
- Wash it off with cold water to close your pores
This homemade mask for acne is genuinely one of the best.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Green Tea Face Mask
The best way to get rid of acne scars is alpha hydroxyl acid, which is present abundantly in Apple cider Vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar helps to unclog pores, and it washes away dead skin cells. It can lighten acne scars, and as an added benefit, it balances the pH level of your skin.
Green tea balances the acidic effect of the vinegar and cools your skin.
To make this face mask, you will need one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, two teaspoons of green tea, one teaspoon of honey and five tablespoons of sugar
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl
- Wash your face and make sure it is clean and gently pat to dry it
- Apply the mask on your face and leave on for fifteen minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
Oatmeal and Coconut
Coconut oil is a household item. Its benefits are numerous, and you can use it on all parts of the body, including your face.
Coconut oil has anti-bacterial elements and anti-fungal properties, which not only helps with acne scars but also prevents acne from coming back.
Oatmeal acts as a natural exfoliant for your skin, and this scrub will also help balance the pH level of your skin. It is one of the best face masks for acne scars.
For this scrub, you will need one tablespoon of coconut oil, three tablespoons of oatmeal and one-fourth cup of warm water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oatmeal and water. Mix well until it forms a paste
- To the paste add the coconut oil
- Apply the paste to your face and leave it on for fifteen minutes
- After fifteen minutes massage the paste into your skin and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Avocado and Vitamin E
Vitamin E is known to boost your immune system. When taken orally it cleans your insides which will ultimately lead to clearer skin. It is just as beneficial used externally.
Vitamin E and Avocado together are the perfect combination to treat acne scars. This homemade face mask for acne scars can reduce the appearance of even the most stubborn acne scars.
To make this mask, you will need half an avocado and one teaspoon of Vitamin E oil
- Cut an avocado in half and pit it.
- Mash the avocado in a mixing bowl and add the vitamin E oil.
- Mix well
- Apply the mask on your face and leave it on for twenty minutes
- Wash the mask off with lukewarm water at first and then splash your face with cold water to seal your pores.
To see results, use this mask twice a week.
Potato Juice and Lemon
Potato is considered to be a natural bleach for the skin as it helps to de-tan skin and also reduces the appearance of dark spots.
As potato boosts collagen production, it helps to repair the skin, and so it is beneficial to heal breakouts.
Adding lemon acts as a catalyst to the bleaching process and amplifies the effect of the potato.
To make this mask, you will need one tablespoon of potato juice and half a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- To clean the potato, run it under water and wash. Make sure you scrub the outside.
- Grate the potato and then put it in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the juice
- Add the potato and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well
- Apply to your face using cotton
- Keep it on for thirty minutes
This mask works best if used three to four times a week.
Cinnamon and Honey
Honey and cinnamon are the perfect combinations to rid your face of acne scars.
Cinnamon is excellent for oily skin, and it regulated the oil production on your face. Because of its antiseptic properties, it can heal wounds, which is why it can so expertly heal breakouts.
It is also a natural exfoliant and cleanses your pores and removes dead skin cells.
Honey, on the other hand, has a host of hydrating properties that nourish your skin. An added benefit is the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties of honey.
These prevent the build-up of bacteria on the skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties stimulate cell regeneration, which helps decrease the appearance of scars.
Honey also has skin lightening properties, which are good for the overall appearance of your face.
For this mask, you will need half teaspoon cinnamon powder and one tablespoon honey
- Mix the honey and cinnamon powder
- It should form a smooth paste
- Apply the paste on a clean face and wash off after five to seven minutes.
Repeat these steps twice a week.
Cucumber and Yogurt
Cucumber has natural cooling and calming effects on your skin, because of its astringent properties it can help to cure acne by reducing redness.
Cucumbers are rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants and can lighten even the most stubborn of acne scars. Cucumber is the most natural form of a face moisturizer, cleanser, and toner.
Yogurt does wonders for dry skin. It contains zinc which can slow down skin aging. Applying yogurt on the skin heals flaky and dry skin and brightens dull skin.
It is packed with vitamin B2, which helps with the regeneration of new skin cells.
For this face pack, you will need one small cucumber and two tablespoons of yogurt.
- Slice the cucumber and put it in the blender to make a paste
- Remove the paste in a bowl and add in the yogurt
- Mix the paste well and apply to your face
- Let the mixture dry, give it 30- 45 minutes to dry completely
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Egg White and Papaya
Papaya contains a host of vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A and B and hydroxy acid potassium and papain. These are great to fight acne.
When added to honey and egg white, it is ideal for reducing redness and healing your skin. It also helps to shrink your pores.
To make this face pack, you will need half a cup of papaya, one egg and one teaspoon of honey.
- In a mixing bowl, crack the egg and add only the egg white
- Whip the egg white until you achieve a smooth consistency
- Cut the papaya into slices and mash it with a spoon. Measure half a cup.
- Add half a cup of mashed papaya to the whipped egg whites.
- Add the honey
- Mix well
- Wash your face using lukewarm water to open up your pores. Apply the pack onto your face and let it dry for fifteen minutes.
- Wash the mask off with lukewarm water.
For best results do this twice a week, and you will see that this is one of the best homemade masks for acne scars.
Every day our skin is exposed to so many elements that are harmful and can cause breakouts. To treat this, we tend to believe that we need expensive products, but in fact, the opposite is true.
Instead of adding more chemicals to your skin, use natural ingredients and try these homemade face masks for acne scars, you will see the benefits for yourself.
These homemade masks for acne scars are completely natural and will not harm your skin. It also helps that none of these ingredients are heavy on the pocket!