Beauty products containing coffee scrubs are among the most popular. It is even part of some people’s daily skincare routine—especially effective on oily skin. The benefits of coffee face scrub for oily skin benefits don’t stop there—it exfoliates lips too!
The use of coffee in scrubs and masks dates back to ancient times. It is an excellent scrub for a reason, right? Clearly, coffee contains antioxidants, vitamin B3, and the compound chlorogenic acid, which helps with acne, hyperpigmentation, brightening, and more.
Surely you are wondering, coffee is a staple of beauty products, how expensive must it be. The great news is that we can easily make a coffee face scrub at home for oily skin. Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
It’s time to get to the recipe now, so let’s get to it.
What you need
- Aloe vera gel
Benefits of the ingredients
Ground coffee is great for rehydrating our skin. By removing toxins, it restores our natural glow. Blood vessels of the skin easily dilate when we drink coffee, which leads to improved blood circulation and smoother skin.
We can use coffee on our skin to reduce sun damage, fine lines, and red spots. It is well known that coffee has vitamin B3, which helps prevent skin cancers. In this recipe, this coffee face scrub for oily skin will work wonders.
As many people work from home during the pandemic, hours spent in front of screens have increased. Many students take their classes online, and many of us attend zoom meetings all day long. This affects people with a variety of skin conditions, such as dark circles. This is because coffee contains caffeine—soothing and anti-inflammatory—can decrease redness and puffiness, which helps treat dark circles under our eyes.
Ever wondered what sugar could do to your skin? You heard me right. The use of sugar extends beyond our kitchen to various beauty uses as well. The tiny, crystal shape of sugar makes it an excellent scrub. The exfoliation process helps the skin to become smooth and revitalizes and brightens dull skin.
Not just on the face, but you can use this scrub on the whole body. By using sugar, you can eliminate all the skin problems such as dead skin and acne—sugar is an excellent moisturizer. When rubbing sugar directly on your skin, let it dissolve 50%, so you don’t cause micro-cuts in your skin.
Aloe vera gel
Almost every house contains aloe vera as a medicinal herb. The skincare products containing aloe vera are undoubtedly effective.
Aloe vera is used in everything from soap to moisturizer to face wash to wax. The soothing properties of aloe vera help soothe sunburns. The use of aloe vera provides our skin with a protective layer that prevents acne, blemishes, and infections. In addition, it tones down skin oiliness.
Fresh aloe gel can also replace an expensive moisturizer. As a whole, it is surely one of the best natural home remedies for glowing skin.
Steps to Prepare the Coffee Face Scrub for Oily Skin
Make your own homemade coffee aloe scrub by following these simple steps:
- Grab a bowl.
- Pour coffee into the bowl.
- Add sugar.
- Pour aloe vera gel.
- Add everything to a mixing bowl and mix until the sugar dissolves 50%.
- Your recipe is now ready.
Why should you try this recipe?
Why this recipe? I think we’re all wondering. In fact, there are several other options available. This recipe is a good choice for so many reasons:
- Homemade coffee scrubs are totally eco-friendly.
- A trip to the beauty parlor takes so much time and money. However, this recipe saves both!
- The ingredients are readily available in each of our homes.
- Neither of the ingredients causes any side effects and are ideal for oily skin.
- The scrub only contains natural ingredients that are considered better for our skin than chemical products, which can cause various skin problems.
- This scrub can be stored in the refrigerator and use twice or thrice a week.
- We can easily see instant results.
- One scrub is a solution to many skin problems.
- It can provide brighten skin, remove tan and tighten skin.
What to keep in mind
- Make sure you use the exact amount of each ingredient.
- You can keep this recipe in your refrigerator for up to a day.
- Rub the scrub all over your face except the under-eye area.
- Avoid rubbing your face too much as it can make it red.
With this amazing DIY coffee face scrub for oily skin in hand, we are now ready to go! Try it out and let us know how it works for your skin.
Good luck with the scrubbing!