Regardless of the weather, most of us face chapped and dry lips and constantly look for something hydrating. I have an organic lip exfoliator in today’s DIY – Coffee Cinnamon lip scrub – which is magical on the lips.
There are wide varieties of lip care products available in the market, and it’s hard to tell the ones that will work on your lips. Even after having so much to choose from, we find it difficult to choose a product fit for our lips – and it gets super confusing.
We usually try on few expensive ones to see if they work. At the same time, we get attracted by the offers provided by the cheap brands. But in a nutshell, we barely get the benefits we are looking for.
So, I am here to set all your distraction onto this post as I have something great for your lips – homemade Coffee Cinnamon lip scrub.
If you’re not into tricky DIYs, then I guess you will definitely love this. This recipe is so easy you would get it prepared by yourself right now and use it immediately.
Let’s jump in and prepare this lip scrub together!
What You Need
- 4 to 5 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 to 4 drops Clove oil
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cinnamon powder
- Essential oil of your choice
- Optional: castor oil
Benefits of the Ingredients
Here are the benefits of the ingredients used in this DIY coffee cinnamon lip scrub:
- Coconut oil: the primary benefit of coconut oil is the moisturizing effect.
- Castor oil: used as a lip nourishing agent and makes it look fresh and moist.
- Clove oil: provides a cooling effect to the lips and is also used to make the lip scrub sparkling.
- Sugar: an anti-oxidant that prevents sun damage to the lips. Sugar in the DIY is used as a natural scrubbing agent. It scrubs out the dead and dry skin.
- Cinnamon powder: a calming agent that doesn’t irritate your lips when used topically. It increases blood circulation on your lips, so they look plump.
- Essential oils: From all other essential oils, I chose rose geranium oil for the lips as it gives them a relaxing effect. The essential oils give a soothing effect and heal dryness. Also, the oil helps in deep moisturizing for the cracked lips.
Steps to Prepare the Coffee Cinnamon Lip Scrub
- Take a glass bowl and pour organic coconut oil.
- Add a few drops of castor oil only if you have parched lips.
- Pour few drops of clove oil into the mixture since it has a nice cooling effect on the lips.
- Add sugar granules to the mixture of oils and mix it well.
- Add cinnamon powder to it.
- Finally, put some essential oil into the mixture for a sweet fragrance. Store it in an air-tight container at a normal temperature away from the sun.
How to use it?
- Use this lip scrub ideally in the evening or include it in your nighttime ritual.
- Take a tiny amount of the scrub in your palm and gently massage over your lips, and buff away the dry and dead skin cells out.
- Wipe off with a clean towel or wet tissue paper.
- For added hydration, apply an organic lip balm or a petroleum jelly.
Why Should You Try this Coffee Cinnamon Lip Scrub?
As lips are delicate, it is essential to take good care of them every day. Using a lip moisturizer every day is a must. As we have a lot of steps in our skincare routine, we have to give proper attention to our lips too.
Ignoring our lips can make them chapped and cracked, especially in winters. They get dry and dull, for which we need to moisturize them regularly with a good lip moisturizer during the day with SPF. Even if it’s winter or summer, we need a good SPF lip moisturizer, sunscreen, or else the sun’s UV rays will damage the skin.
You can reverse the harm and dullness caused by lipsticks and lip glosses containing chemicals using this Coffee Cinnamon lip scrub once a week. One session can bring a difference to your lips. You can also use it as an overnight lip mask and exfoliate away in the morning.
Do’s and don’ts
- Use it at night before going to bed for maximum benefits.
- Gentle massage over your lips will work. Don’t apply it with pressure.
- Use your ring and middle finger for applying and scrubbing.
- Always apply a lip moisturizer after scrubbing, even when you’re not using the exfoliator,
- Use once a week. Using too frequently can cause irritation.
Finally, I would like to say that this is a great lip exfoliator. Once you apply it over your lips, they will feel a tingling effect. Exfoliating with this coffee cinnamon lip scrub has helped me get soft and smooth lips.
I have been using it since last year, and every time I use it, it gives me a pinkish shine to my lips, and even I don’t need lip gloss anymore. The best part is, this DIY is totally natural. Spare your few minutes to prepare this lip exfoliator from scratch, and use it immediately after preparation.
If you try this homemade recipe, don’t forget to share your experience here in the comments.