Are you tired of those tinted lip balms which do nothing except paint your lips with a sheer tint? I have used them but you know they are loaded with chemicals. No offense to Baby Lips because I personally love them.
Do you have pigmented lips that distress you all the time? You can’t always hide off with concealers and correctors. We all get tired of it, don’t we? Because pigmented lips can shake off your confidence and make you wanna cover up all those dark patches.
Well, I have got a solution to address the two problems I’ve mentioned above. I am very much into DIYs right now and just wanted to share an easy peasy DIY to get tinted lips naturally without any hassle or any mess! If you’re a lazy bum like me, I strongly suggest you try it. So here I go…
- 1 piece of beetroot
- A 100% natural lip balm or any oil (sweet almond, jojoba or coconut)
How to Make Your Own Natural Tinted Lip Balm
- First, take a piece of beetroot and massage it on your lips for 5 minutes.
- Then pat it from the fresh side until your lips get tinted with its color OR crush it and apply its juice.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes until your lip becomes dry. Do not lick it until.
- Apply a coat of coconut oil or sweet almond oil or any natural lip balm. an SPF one is preferable for daytime to seal in the moisture. I’m using Matra Lip Balm which is organic.
- Voila! You’ve got a natural flush of color on your lips and that too without all those unforgiving, bad chemicals.
That’s it! Do it twice a day preferably, or leave it on at night. When you’ll wake up your lips would look more soft and pinkish. I try this every day and my lips look better than before. This DIY will not only give your lips the needed tint but also exfoliate them. But you need to do this religiously in order to see results. Are you gonna try this? Let me know!