Benefits of Ayurvedic Facial : Mukhlepam
If you’re into Ayurvedic skincare then you must be aware of Mukhlepam, a special facial from Ayurveda. Ayurveda has gained a special interest among the people because it doesn’t impose any harsh effects on health.
The second important factor about Ayurveda is that its products are eco-friendly and do not pollute the atmosphere with loads of chemicals.
There is an enormous number of Ayurvedic products that address different health problems related to the skin, hair, nails, and also internal health. So, coming back to Mukhlepam, it has many beauty benefits that we are going to discuss in today’s post!
Mukhlepam, a type of Ayurvedic facial strives to bring glow and radiance to the face. It is also known as an anti-aging medium for facial skin. Apart from this, it also de-tans skin and brings back the natural glow.
It is just like a regular facial but the products used are completely natural and ayurvedic. So, if you want a younger looking skin without using any chemicals, this facial is for you!
How is Mukhlepam carried out?
- First of all, the face and neck are cleansed with cotton dipped in raw milk.
- Commonly, tomato paste is applied to the face. Tomato works like a natural bleach and brings the glow to the skin.
- After cleaning the face with cotton, Kumkumadi oil is applied and massaged on the face in an upward motion for a few minutes.
- Cucumber slices are placed on the eyes while giving steam to the face.
- Again, the face is cleaned with damp cotton and freshly cut pulp of aloe vera is massaged onto the skin.
- The face is cleaned with damp cotton and a special scrub made from almonds is used which exfoliates away dead skin cells, whiteheads, and blackheads.
- After exfoliation, the pulp of papaya is applied on the face.
- The last step is the face mask, which is usually pure Sandalwood. It takes 20-25 minutes to completely dry out.
Benefits of Mukhlepam
- It provides relaxation to muscles.
- Nourishes and detoxifies the skin.
- Improves the skin tone making it even.
- It provides relief from a headache.
- Calms down sense and relaxes the whole body.
- Treats all kinds of pigmentations and dark spots
- Has anti-aging benefits like delaying wrinkles.
This ayurvedic facial is recommended to be carried out once in 2 weeks or at least once a month. Its effects are long-term for skin so one can invest in it.