Everyone wants to smell good. While you can’t control your sweat, you can definitely control how you smell.
Using market deodorants on a routine can cause various skin irritations or problems. Also, using them in the armpit area can cause darkening. Why use expensive deodorants when you can make a natural one at your home with ingredients readily available without spending much money?
Essential oils smell great. Plus, they are mostly suitable for our skin. Once you get the habit of using homemade natural deodorants, you will ditch market deodorants, and you will prefer to make it on your own.
Here goes the recipe for DIY Essential Oil Deodorant Spray.
What do you need?
- A small spray bottle
- A bowl to mix the ingredients
- Tea tree oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Distilled water
Benefits of the Ingredients
Apple cider vinegar is prepared by fermenting the apple juice.
Since Apple cider vinegar has many health and skincare benefits – it helps to reduce belly fat also in proper digestion, and much more, but here we will emphasize its skincare benefits.
Apple cider vinegar consists of acetic acid, as you heard the term vinegar in its name. Also, it contains alpha hydroxy acid, which absorbs the unwanted oil from your skin, helps open the clogged pores of your skin, and makes it healthier and protected.
You can use Apple cider vinegar in many different ways like:
- As a skin toner
- Curing acne
- Protection from sunburns
- Lightening Unwanted spots
- Tightening the skin and preventing wrinkles
You all must try out this amazing Ingredient and get to know its benefits for your health and beauty.
Lemongrass essential oil
Lemongrass is an aromatic tropical plant widely used in beauty products, and it has been used as a beauty product alone from ancient times. It is one of the products you can use to destress the body and helps to purify the skin. Lemongrass essential oil has many benefits, and some of them are as follows:
- Helps treat oily skin as it controls excess oil on the skin
- One of the tangiest and freshest scents because it is naturally appealing.
- Helps in fighting acne problems
- Helps in preventing skin infection and cure wounds.
- Calming effect – it calms our body as well as mind and pampers our skin.
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Due to its soothing and calming effect, it helps us have a good sleep.
Hence, you can add lemongrass essential oil to its skincare routine as it is a natural skincare ingredient and has many benefits.
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is considered one of the most beautiful flowers and has a beautiful fragrance. Besides its fragrance, it is used differently for different purposes. Lavender oil is usually used for aromatherapy. Apart from that, it also helps to benefit the skin in numerous ways like:
- Nourishes the skin
- Banishes acne
- Helps in slowing down aging by preventing wrinkles
- Helps in brightening up the skin, which results in giving a natural glow
- Aids healing the wounds quicker
Lavender oil is beneficial for our skin, but it has many other benefits for improving our hair health, i.e., it improves hair growth and reduces dandruff.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is considered one of the best essential oils, usually used for healthy skin and hair. The antimicrobial properties of tea tree oil make it fit for treating acne. And its antiseptic properties make it fit for healing minor wounds and cuts. Besides this, it includes many benefits some of them are as below:
- Acts as an all-purpose face cleanser
- Helps in making skin smooth
- Acts as a natural deodorant
- Helps in relieving the dryness and itchiness
Steps to Prepare the Essential Oil Deodorant Spray
1. Take a bowl
2. Add 4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
3. Add 5 drops of tea tree oil
4. Add 6 drops of lavender essential oil.
5. Add 5 drops of lemongrass.
6. Add 5 tbsp of distilled water.
7. Pour all the ingredients into a bottle.
8. Shake well all the ingredients.
9. Your natural deodorant is ready to use. Put it into a spray bottle!
Why should you use this natural Essential Oil Deodorant Spray?
You all must be wondering why to choose this recipe when there are many other options to go for. Here’s why:
- This deodorant is totally environment-friendly.
- Going out to the market to buy your deodorants is time-consuming. But this is a time-saving recipe.
- All the ingredients are easily available at our respective homes.
- There are no side effects of the ingredients.
- It is very economical.
- All the ingredients used in the deodorant are natural.
- Using chemical products on our skin can cause various skin issues, but organic or natural products are good for the skin.
- You can store this deodorant at room temperature, which means we can use it daily or whenever we want.
- It can provide a solution to sweating.
I hope you liked this simple essential oil deodorant recipe. 🙂