While nails are often overlooked, they can completely transform the look of our hands. Surely this means they have to look good, along with being clean. One of the major problems with having brittle nails is that it ruins the entire look if the nail rips off. What’s worse, it might not grow at all and turn out to look odd.
We’ll be talking about a natural DIY nail growth gel recipe I created last week to make my nails look better. The best part about it? The ingredients are simple to find in your kitchen, it is easy to make, and there are no side effects. It only takes three ingredients.
If you are wondering how to grow natural nails with gel, then this recipe is for you.
Before we start, you might want to know reasons why your nails appear dull:
A number of issues can lead to our fingernails losing their shine:
- Low levels of iron
- Having a heart condition
- The aging process
- Improper use of nail products
- Not taking care of your nails
- When you use too many products
- Keeping nails dirty
What you need
- Two tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- One tablespoon vitamin E oil
- One teaspoon of almond oil
Benefits of the Ingredients
Aloe vera gel
It’s no secret that aloe vera gel has a wide range of uses. Among its many properties, it can aid in losing weight, improve skin condition, soften hair, and even make makeup last longer.
The plant is multitasking due to the wide range of uses it inherits. Beauty experts recommend using aloe vera gel to freshen up your skin. There’s no wonder so many people keep these succulents handy at home.
If you don’t have one, get one already—don’t miss out on this goodness. As well as being rich in Vitamins A, C, and E, it has antioxidant properties. Vitamin B12 is another ingredient in aloe vera that is great for nail growth. Moreover, it will also prevent your nails from drying out and will keep them strong.
Vitamin E oil
Here’s another multipurpose ingredient. Most of us consider this oil a holy grail. Is there anything vitamin E oil cannot fix? Starting from dehydration, aging, and pollution to sun exposure—it has you covered.
With this all-in-one oil, you can remove makeup, apply it to your eyebrows and lashes right away to grow them, mix it with other oils or simply create a gel serum for your nails just like I did.
When it comes to growing nails and hair, vitamin E has proven to be the most effective ingredient. This is the quickest natural remedy as well. It will also work well if you only want to strengthen your nails and fix any damage like a tear-off or brittleness.
You can either use any brand’s ready-made product or prick an Evion 400 capsule open and take the oil out.
Another oil, used since ancient times, possesses powerful beauty properties. It’s always been good to have almonds as a snack, and they offer many health benefits.
Aromatically, almond oil smells pleasant and sweet. Unlike other oils, it is loaded with essential fatty acids and not sticky, which is its best feature. This oil soaks into your nails nicely without looking messy.
Almond oil is packed with Vitamin E as well as antioxidants, so it will give you both benefits: help you grow longer nails, increase their quality, and prevent them from breaking. Putting a single drop on your nails is enough to do the job.
The other great thing about this oil is that it is so thin and light. Applying it, you’ll see it absorb within minutes.
Steps to Prepare your homemade Nail Growth Gel
- In a bowl, combine one tablespoon of vitamin E oil and half a teaspoon of almond oil.
- After the two oils have been nicely dissolved, add small amounts of aloe gel slowly and stir it well. It can become lumpy if you add it all at once, so try adding it in batches to ensure it gets properly blended.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely, and your DIY nail growth gel serum is ready.
- Scoop the gel out and store it in an empty nail paint bottle. No worries if you don’t have one – simply store it in an airtight container.
How to use it?
Using an empty nail polish bottle, you can apply it using a brush, and with the container, you need to take a small amount and apply it to your nails.
Then, you have to push it towards the cuticle and the sides. Two times a day with this product will yield noticeable results in a week. Keep your hands out of the water after you’ve applied it for 20-30 minutes.
Other Natural Ways to Speed Up Nail
Now that you know how to make homemade nail gel, here are a few more things you can do to improve your nails:
- Poorly maintained fingernails attract a lot of dust and dirt. Keep your nails clean at all times.
- Don’t let your nail paint sit for too long. You should remove your nail paint at least once a week with a remover that doesn’t contain acetone.
- Maintain clean hands and feet. A manicure and pedicure are good.
- Ensure you maintain a balanced diet with iron-rich foods.
- Make sure you get enough biotin by eating supplements.
- Always moisturize your hands after washing them, especially in cold weather. Purchasing a nail cream will save you time and money.
- When doing household chores, wear gloves.
- Put an end to picking or biting your nails.
- Get yourself a nail hardener to apply regularly to brittle nails.
Make this DIY nail growth gel at home, and apply it twice a week to improve the condition of your nails. Be sure to follow the tips mentioned above along with this natural recipe in order for your nails to grow quickly and beautifully.