The market is full of products that help women deal with a slew of issues. But there’s one area that’s often overlooked: oral care.
In women, hormonal changes can cause issues with the mouth, such as hypersensitivity, gingivitis, etc. And there is no product available in the market to address these issues. I didn’t know that until now.
Specially formulated for women, Dente91 SHE toothpaste addresses the different oral issues women face as they age.
Here’s what you need to know about this toothpaste.
Read on for more!
About Dente91 SHE Toothpaste
Due to our hormonal differences, our health is generally different than that of men. Oral health is no different. Therefore, we need products tailored to us.
Our hormones start affecting our teeth and gums at puberty. There’s a 60% chance of getting gingivitis during pregnancy.
There are a lot of oral issues women face with hormonal changes, and Dente91 SHE addresses them all. It’s made to promote healthier teeth and gums and protect oral health. Since it’s the first toothpaste made for women in India, you can use it from your teen years to your golden years.
- Nano – hydroxyapatite: 97% of the teeth’ enamel and 70% of the teeth’ dentin are made of calcium called nano-hydroxyapatite. By remineralizing teeth, Dente91 SHE toothpaste components help rebuild teeth. Furthermore, it prevents teeth hypersensitivity and minimizes plaque and gum irritation in the mouth. Additionally, it repairs tooth cavities.
- Lactoferrin: It’s a protein found in Mother’s milk, bovine milk, saliva, tears, and body fluids. Anti-inflammatory, it prevents gum disease. Also, it’s Antifungal and Antibacterial. This prevents gum disease, reduces bad breath, and protects the teeth against pathogens.
- Folic acid: A lot of the mouth’s ability to fight infection and inflammation comes from folic acid. People with a folic acid deficiency can have early signs of gum disease like bleeding gums, bad breath, and cavities. Studies show folic acid can reduce gingivitis-related inflammation and bleeding. There’s a chance it can even prevent these problems.
- Pyridoxine: Pyridoxine, a B6 vitamin, reduces pain inside and outside the mouth. Vitamins like these prevent chapped lips, tongue inflammation, and mouth and gum discomfort. As well as that, it helps prevent gum disease.
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D aids the body in absorbing calcium and phosphorus from food, so it’s essential for bone health. If you don’t get enough vitamin D, your teeth and gums will deteriorate. Further, it causes tooth decay and gum disease.
- Vitamin E: Prevents the development of periodontal disease by acting on the harmful free radical.
- Xylitol: Promotes mineralization by increasing salivary flow.
Do women need toothpaste specially formulated for them?
Because of the hormonal changes women experience throughout their lives, they are more likely to experience oral health issues. These hormonal changes affect the body’s response to toxins (poisons) caused by plaque buildup. With age, women become more vulnerable to periodontal disease and other oral health problems.
Several factors could alter a woman’s hormonal imbalance and possibly increase her risk of oral health issues. The following are some oral problems that come with hormonal imbalances:
Puberty: As you hit puberty, estrogen and progesterone rush to the gums, boosting blood flow and affecting plaque formation. The gum becomes tender and swollen and is likely to bleed while brushing or flossing. There’s also a higher risk of gingivitis.
Monthly menstrual cycle: There’s a higher chance of swelling of gums and salivary glands, bleeding gums, and canker sores during the menstrual cycle. The start of a period can also cause gingivitis.
Use of birth control pills: Women who take oral contraceptives that contain progesterone may suffer from inflamed gums. Generally, they appear during the first few months of starting the pill.
Pregnancy: As progesterone and estrogen levels increase during pregnancy, gingivitis is more likely to develop. An inflammatory response can cause the gums to swell and bleed.
Lactation: Lactating mothers have low calcium levels. This can lead to erosion of teeth and decrease gum and tooth health.
Menopause: Aging causes a variety of oral changes. It can cause increased sensitivity to hot and cold foods and beverages and dry mouth. Dry mouths cause plaque to form because saliva moistens and cleans them. The decline of estrogen can also lead to periodontitis inflammation and tooth loss.
Because women’s oral health changes at different stages of life, keeping your teeth and gums healthy requires choosing the right oral care products.
I’ve noticed a drop in my oral health lately. I’ve been trying out different kinds of toothpaste recently because my gums are inflamed and bleeding. Even while brushing my teeth, it started bleeding. One of my teeth was also starting to get cavities.
I stumbled across the Dente91 SHE toothpaste on amazon while looking for an alternative product, which piqued my interest. A product just for women? I saw really great reviews for the product and thought, why not! And let me sum it up for you – it has been a great experience.
There’s a slight ginger-cinnamon flavor and a minty scent to this toothpaste. It has a mild taste, so it’s nice to use. With cinnamon, there’s no burning. It leaves a cool scent. The best part is how well it lathers up, and it’s different from one of those kinds of toothpaste you feel like you need to use more, no matter how much you use.
Using the toothpaste for a couple of weeks now, and I see a difference. I’ve noticed that my teeth aren’t as sensitive to cold drinks. Whenever I had ice cream or milkshakes, it used to hurt. The feeling was awful. Thankfully, the pain has gone down by at least 70% after I started using the toothpaste.
I don’t have any plaque on my teeth, so I can’t comment on its effectiveness. My teeth look better, though—fresh looking and feeling.
Also, my gums have improved significantly. This product helped me stop bleeding gums that I used to experience frequently. After using it for a while, I only bled my gums once when I wasn’t caring for my oral hygiene.
Dente91 SHE toothpaste is great, in my opinion. In my experience, the product worked well, and I’ll likely use it again. It works like it’s supposed to and gives great results. Fits perfectly with my oral hygiene routine!
- Anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial
- Defends against tooth decay
- Helps with periodontitis
- Improves strength of teeth
- Reduces tooth hypersensitivity
- Remove plaque on teeth
- Maintain a healthy gumline
- Free of parabens, SLS, and gluten
- Quick results
- The flavor may not be to everyone’s taste
- Not readily available in stores
Honestly, it was great switching from a competitor’s toothpaste to Dente91 SHE. I find it appealing that the product is only designed for women, keeping in mind the different issues they face due to hormone imbalances. It’s a great product with a lot of benefits. Added bonus: it’s fluoride, paraben, and gluten-free.
You can use it daily, twice a day, and even during pregnancy. By reducing hypersensitivity and cavities, the product can relieve oral issues caused by excessive vomiting during pregnancy.
Women face different hormonal issues than men, so few products are geared towards their needs. You should definitely give Dente91 SHE Toothpaste a try and see the benefits for yourself!