Eyelashes are an important feature of women’s beauty. It adds more definition to the feature by giving it a more wide-eyed look.
There are many ways you can enhance the appearance of your eyelashes by using mascara, which intensifies your lashes temporarily. Fake eyelashes are also prevalent in the market but removing them is a task.
If you are not careful, mascara can lead to bloodshot eyes, burning, itching, rash, pain, redness, eye or eyelid inflammation, etc., and are expensive. So, how about having those enigmatic and beautiful lashes in an all-natural and healthy way using an easy homemade eyelash serum.
A simple homemade eyelash serum to add lusher to your lashes. Do you want to know? Then keep reading!
Why should you try this recipe?
This is a tried and tested DIY eyelash serum recipe, although I recommend doing a patch test before applying any natural ingredient or any product. The ingredients are easily available in the market, Good for daily usage, no side effects, and easily applied on the lashes. You have to be consistent and be patient for at least 3-4 months for a desirable change. Remember, any delay day in its application might slow down the effect.
For a patch test, apply the serum to a small part of your hand. Let it absorb and notice if there is any itchiness, burning sensation in the next 24 hours. If everything is okay and no reaction takes place, then only you can use it)
Warning: be careful while applying it so that it does not get into your eyes.
Keeping it in a clean mascara bottle is a better choice instead of storing it in a dark bottle.
Preparation time: 5-10 mins
- Aloe vera (two tablespoons)
- Vitamin-E (one capsule)
- Coconut oil (one teaspoon)
- Castor oil (one teaspoon)
Benefits of the Ingredients
Known as the magic plant, it is one of the essential plants in the beauty industry. It is perfect for sparse lashes, makes them moisturized and supple. Being a cooling agent, it reduces dark circles and wrinkles. It also takes care of the area around our eyes by decreasing the wrinkles, which are quite common, starting from the ’40s.
Vitamin E capsule
It works as a conditioner for our lashes. It has alpha-tocopherol to increase blood circulation. Hair follicles also get benefit from cell regeneration. It works as an antioxidant that helps to reduce free radical damage. It provides strength to the lashes.
It helps to keep your eyelashes lustrous, shiny, and fuller. It acts as a carrier for castor oil( not an essential oil but considerably thick and heavy, therefore, preferred to use along with some other oil)
Coconut oil works for eyelashes and makes the area around it moisturized and less prone to wrinkles and dark circles. It makes your lashes stronger by protecting them from harmful UV rays.
This oil contains ricinoleic acid and omega-6 fatty acids, which increase blood circulation and is the main ingredient in the recipe. It is very beneficial for the male pattern baldness as ricinoleic acid present in the oil inhibits prostaglandin D2 (a hormone that is present in excess quantity in males suffering from baldness)
Steps for DIY Eyelash Serum
Steps to be followed to make the DIY lash serum:
- Add aloe vera in a small bowl.
- Mix coconut oil to it.
- Then, add Vitamin-E oil and castor oil to it.
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl. Transfer it to the blender, give it a mix for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
The cream’s texture should be exactly like in the picture attached, and it should be as smooth as given. Take any mascara bottle or dark bottle for storing the thick serum.
Tips to Remember
- Use it at night, 20-30 minutes before sleeping. Otherwise, you will end up ruining your pillow.
- Use it on clean eyelashes. Wash them before using the serum.
- If you have by mistake, put extra oil on the lashes, then wash it immediately.
- Apply it gently, do not let it go in your eyes.
- You can also apply it to your eyebrows to make them heavy and thick as well.
- I would suggest using cold-pressed coconut oil and not regular coconut oil to oil our hair.
- Using a mascara bottle is a better alternative but no compulsion.
- You can use olive oil instead of coconut oil also.
- Store it in the fridge for 2-3 weeks keeping in mind the shelf life of the ingredients used.
DIYing the recipe is a great choice if you have an allergy to mascara, artificial lashes, or just want to enhance your eyelashes. If you use this DIY eyelash serum for natural eyelash growth long enough, you will see a noticeable change in your lashes in just 7 days.