Bananas ???? I like to have them whenever I’m running late for college and I don’t have time to eat my breakfast properly and sometimes, I eat it as a snack. Banana is a delectable fruit which is power packed with essential nutrients. Apart from being a savory snack, it also has amazing benefits for overall beauty. Want to know what are the benefits of banana? Continue reading this post.
1. You can prepare a banana hair mask for dull, dry hair and split-ends. Take a fully ripe banana and blend it in a blender until it forms a smooth paste without lumps. Add honey to it. Apply it to washed hair and cover hair with a shower cap. Leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with plain water and there you go with a smooth, soft and shiny hair!
2. Eat bananas more often for healthy hair growth, as it is full of vitamins and essential nutrients.
3. Rubbing a banana peel on your skin will relieve you from itching and irritation. It is also useful to provide relief from insect bites. You can also apply banana peel under eyes to get rid of puffy eyes.
Tip: Rub banana peel (the white side) on your acne area till the peel turns brown. Do this at least twice a week to achieve results.
4. Did you know that banana can help you in weight management? It lowers the cholesterol levels in the blood. Pectin, a soluble fiber is present in banana which keeps LDL cholesterol in check.
5. Banana helps you in getting your beauty sleep on time. It contains Tryptophan, the sleep hormone which aids in peaceful sleep so make sure you have a banana before going to bed.
6. It helps in achieving young, glowing skin. High amounts of antioxidants present in banana help in fighting free radicals and prevent premature aging of the skin. Since it contains 75% of water, it helps in hydrating skin.
7. For dull and dry skin, banana acts as a natural moisturizer. Mash a banana and apply it to your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash with plain water.
8. For blemishes and pigmented skin, mash a banana and add 3 drops of honey to it. Apply this paste on face and get a glowing, healthy skin instantly. You need to be consistent to see the results.
9. Banana is a natural stress buster. Tryptophan in banana gets converted into a happy hormone called serotonin which makes you unwind and induces tranquility. Whenever you feel low or stressed out, have a banana!
10. For repairing dry feet and cracked heels apply a fully ripe mashed banana as a foot mask and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off while massaging the pack and witness silky, smooth feet.
Whether you eat bananas or use it topically on skin or hair, it benefits you either way. It beautifies you inside and out. So why not include it in our beauty and health regime? What are your thoughts on the benefits of banana for overall beauty? ????
Show me some love, connect with me! ????????