Home Remedies for Itchy Scalp in Monsoon
Have you been suffering from itchy scalp lately? Due to the changing weather, scalp starts to react badly and leads to irritation. We tend to commonly think that it’s due to dandruff but there can be other causes too. Along with the itchiness, one may get swelling, skin infections, redness, balding etc. which might due to an itchy scalp. There are treatments available such as antimicrobial therapy, special diets, and steroids. But not everybody can consider these treatments.To make things simpler, there are home remedies for itchy scalp in monsoon which one can do without spending a fortune. The key is to treat this condition naturally! So today, I’m telling you some home remedies that you can use to treat itchy scalp.
- Watch out your diet! The food that you might be eating can be the cause of an itchy scalp. Avoid inflammatory foods like gluten, dairy, peanuts, processed food, sugar, alcohol, etc at any cost. Include anti-fungal foods in your diet like garlic, banana, ginger, coconut oil, flaxseed, apple cider vinegar which helps in fighting on going inflammation.
- Use clean hair brushes. Maintain your hair hygiene by using clean combs and brushes on your scalp. Don’t use someone else’s comb and avoid sharing your comb too.
- Give a hot oil massage to your hair at least once a week, even if you don’t like it as your hair tends to become lifeless in monsoon.
- For treating dandruff, mix 4 tablespoons of Multani mitti with one spoon curd. Wash your hair with the mixture regularly and you’ll see the results. Following natural hair care tips give slow but effective results.
- Avoid scratching your hair. The urge to scratch your hair may feel overwhelming but doing so will make your condition worse and lead to skin infections like dermatitis.
6. Take few drops of tea tree essential oil and mix it with coconut oil. These 2 ingredients have anti-fungal properties that help with irritation. Massage this mixture onto your scalp 2-3 hours before washing hair. Then take a towel squeezed in hot water and wrap your head around it. Wash hair after an hour.
7. To soothe irritation and itchiness, cut a fresh aloe vera and apply it on the affected area. This will calm down any inflammation and infection. You can also use an aloe vera gel available on the market provided that they’re free of chemicals. It is one of the best remedies for dandruff treatment.
8. Take a mixture of 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and water. Massage your scalp with this mixture and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water afterward.
9. Make a paste by mixing baking soda into water. Apply this solution to your scalp for 15 minutes till it dries. Rinse your hair afterward.
10. Avoid using chemicals on your hair. Say no to hair colors, fancy hair creams and gels, heating and curling for a while until your condition gets better. Simply wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo every alternate day.
These were the home remedies for itchy scalp in Monsoon. Stay tuned for more hair care tips. Did you find these tips useful or do you have any other tips? Comment!
410 total views, 0 views today