Dealing with Dark Circles | Causes & How to Avoid Them
Hello beauties, let’s have some beauty talk today! 😃
When we talk about the most prominent feature of our face, what comes in our mind? Lips? Kind of. Nose? Sort of. Eyes? Oh yes! 😍 Eyes are the first feature people notice about us. They are windows to our souls and express much more than we can say. Beautiful eyes capture hearts so it’s very crucial to take care of them. Skin issues like wrinkles and dark circles are the worst enemies of the eyes. We cannot delay wrinkles and age but we can definitely take charge of the dark circles. Before moving on how to avoid dark circles let’s know the reasons behind them:
Dealing with Dark Circles: Causes
- The most common cause is genetics.
- Rubbing or scratching the eyes rigorously can bruise the skin of the under eye area making it darker.
- Lack of proper sleep
- Prolonged and continuous crying
- Lack of nutrients can cause a discoloration around the eyes which make them appear dark. Lack of iron causes anemia, ultimately causing dark circles. It can also be caused temporarily during menstruation where blood loss is possible.
- Ageing of skin. Dark circles are likely to emerge when reaching late 20s. It becomes permanent as the skin ages.
- Stress is also one of the main factors.
- Continuous exposure to computer, phone or laptop screen
- In rare cases, the high production of melanin can cause the skin to darken over time.
Dealing with Dark Circles: How to Avoid Them
By taking care of few things here and there, we can avoid and treat dark circles without any hassle.
- Use creams which contain AHAs (Alpha hydroxy acids). AHAs don’t work just for dark circles but they also help in reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and improve the appearance of the skin.
- Fix a proper sleeping schedule. If you sleep at 12 or 1 at night and wake up early, it’s obvious that you’re not getting enough sleep. Even if you wake up late, staying up late will cause dark circles. So stick up with an early to bed and early to rise schedule to combat darkness.
- Before going to bed, dot few drops of almond oil onto your eyes and gently massage until it absorbs. Do it regularly at least for 2 months to see results.
- Mix equal parts of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Take a cotton ball and apply it on the affected skin. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash with cold water afterward.
- If you use cosmetics like eyeliner or a kajal, make it sure to remove it properly before going to bed. Use coconut or almond oil to remove makeup debris.
- Avoid rubbing eyes at all costs as it can damage the delicate under-eye skin.
- To combat stress, start exercising or doing yoga to relieve anxiety and stress.
- Start using physical sunscreen on your under eye area to protect from the sun.
- Increase your water intake. Dehydration is the common cause of dark circles so make sure you’re consuming at least 7-8 glasses of water.
- There are cooling sleep masks available in the market and even online to de-puff and refresh eyes. Keep them in the refrigerator and apply this cold mask on eyes before bed.
Dealing with dark circles isn’t an impossible task and we can do it through following a proper skin care routine, diet, and healthy lifestyle. Explore more daily skin care tips to be your best beautiful at Reward Me.