Your dream ensemble needs the right accessories to complement it. Bollywood has always been the inspiration for millions of men and women out there, especially in picking up summer-ready footwear that makes heads turn. So here’s a compilation of Top Shoe Styles that Bollywood is obsessed with, right now!
Sneakers for the Summers
Sneakers are perfect in the midst of an Indian summer, as most stars would suggest a pair of slides just like Jacqueline Fernandez or Monica Dogra. They are great even for a sundown party on weekends while lace-up tan sandals look chic just like Deepika Padukone’s sandals stand out. Mira Kapoor’s sculpted nude pair that recently made news is also a standout in this regard.
Neon shoes at night…
Nothing says ‘summer’ that blend cheery hues. But one can just go neon in PVC like Alia Bhatt could carry or use a perfect embellishment just like Kareena Kapoor Khan. Now get rid of stilettos and instead opt for some comfy juttis or Kolhapuris that add the traditional element in modernity. Sonam Kapoor and Taapsee Pannu can carry it well. Or you can go totally minimalist with the metallic strappy heels that Priyanka Chopra has been wearing off late.
Bling and metallic
Everyone loves sparkle especially with bling reflected on an outfit. One can opt for metallic footwear for adding glamor to your look. For putting the best look for the wedding, or while chilling with friends, you can add shine to outfit for the night, with glitzy metallic footwear.
This latest metallic trend, have encompassed ballet pumps to court shoes and they are having their fashion moment. Choose from gold, silver, gray or get them customized just like Anushka Sharma who wore one of them during her film Phillauri’s promotions.
Bollywood celebrities are never far behind when touting what is in trend. In fact, their recent public appearances have inspired the latest fashion trends in India. Check out several celebrities who walk the ramp or attending parties and their fashion sense dictates what will affect trends in the coming months. Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt and Sonam Kapoor are some of the stars who have inspired the metallic sneakers, backless loafers, etc. that have grabbed attention in the fashion world and the people are imitating them consistently.
The White Sneakers vs. the Metallic Sneakers
White sneakers are in vogue and have grown tremendously over the years as celebs continue to sport them at casual events and airports. Even the metallic take over has grabbed attention as many of them have opted for more glitz and glamor without any compromise on comfort.
- The fashion is a game with metallic sandals just like Taapsee Pannu has been sporting silver shoes in Kerkes Fashion jacket and Mango t-shirt. She looks sporty and glitzy all in the same frame.
- The Kapoor sisters, on the other hand, have paired metallic sneakers with some bling in matching shades. Karisma opted for gold, while new mother Kareena Kapoor Khan opted for silver. They both carried their look elegantly
- Malaika Arora Khan is another stunner who can carry off a draped upcycled Patola saree with a metallic blouse (both) made by designer Amit Aggarwal. Her sporty metallic pumps reiterated the style statement with a complete look.
- And everyone’s favorite girl Alia’s Tommy Hilfiger skater dress with the trendy silver metallic sneakers is now the balance of casual yet chic white Lavish Alice ensemble for an event in Mumbai.
- Anushka Sharma is another trendsetter who sported the silver custom-made sneakers during the promotions of the film. Sonakshi Sinha, on the other hand, donned a black jacket and a pair of ripped blue jeans again with the summer’s hottest shoe style – silver sneakers.
- Shilpa’s go-to metallic footwear also added the bit of luster that helped her carry her casual look.
The Summer Trend with White Sneakers
Everyone seems to own a pair of white sneakers and although not many can carry the look with sneakers, they are always here to stay in trend. With the creativity and varied styles, the white sneakers boast a breath of freshness every time. Some pair it with Haute pants, or with flirty dresses while some pair them with denim.
Celebrities are still rocking the white sneakers trend owing to its casual look with denim, tuxedos, and the like. Each ensemble makes a style statement.
These range of shoes are easily available at Shoppers Stop.