But what if I say that you can carry your Cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine with natural household products and you don’t have to spend a single penny for it? Yes, you can! Natural ingredients are way more effective and long lasting than chemical loaded products but you need to have patience for it. Today I’ll tell you some great alternatives for CTM routine that are 100% natural and beneficial for your face. Say goodbye to chemicals and say yeah to naturals!
For oily/combination skin
- Take a tablespoon of fuller’s earth (multani mitti) and mix it with plain water or rose water and apply it to your face. Massage in circular and upward motions and rinse.
- Use buttermilk for it cleanses and exfoliates the skin deeply. It’s strong in nature so dry and sensitive skin should avoid it.
- Gram flour (besan) with a pinch of turmeric and plain water brightens up the face.
- Cut a fresh aloe vera leaf and scoop out its gel and apply it to the face. Gently massage and then wash off. It cools down the skin.
For dry/sensitive skin
- Cleanse with raw milk and honey mixed and gently massage your face. Leave for 5 minutes then rinse. Raw milk will clean the skin and honey will moisturize.
- Mix gram flour (besan) with milk and gently massage all over the face. Let it sit 5-10 mints and rinse.
- Cleansing your face with yoghurt (dahi) kills the bacteria as it contains lactic acid and good for skin.
Normal skins can use any of the above methods of their choice.
After cleansing, toning is an essential part of the process. Toner maintains the pH level of skin and also removes impurities and residue left by the cleanser. Below are the natural alternatives for a toner:
- Green Tea: Take a green tea bag and dip it in hot cup of water. Allow it to cool and dip a cotton ball and apply to your face as a toner.
- Pure aloe vera juice.
- Mix lemon juice with water in equal parts and apply it with cotton swab. Wash face with cold water after 10 minutes. Not suitable for problematic and acne prone skin.
- Take some dried marigold petals (genda) and put it in boiling water. After few minutes strain it and put it in a bottle. Apply it all over the face. Marigold (also called calendula) helps in minimizing the scars and skin problems.
- Mix some fresh mint leaves in water and boil it. Strain it and then use with a cotton pad.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and rose water and store it in a bottle.
- Take a cucumber, peel it and grate it. Boil it for 5 minutes in low flame. Blend it and strain it. Store in refrigerator for extra coolness.
- Use chilled water as a toner.
- Mix 3 tea spoons of tomato juice with 1 tea spoon of raw honey and there you go – a moisturizing toner.
- Take fresh rose petals and boil with water. Strain and apply liberally all over the face.
- Apple Cider Vinegar with equal parts of water makes a soothing toner.
- Massaging with raw coconut oil hydrates the skin from within.
- Olive oil as a moisturizer for rough and dry skin. It repairs dry patches and stretch marks and wrinkles.
- Mix aloe vera gel with coconut oil and blend it. Use it as a daily moisturizer.
- Sweet Almond oil is a boon for dry skin. It keeps the skin moisturized for a long period of time.
- Massage your face with fresh cream (malai).